In fulfillment of the Charter, CCARDESA held its first General Assembly in March 2014 in Boipuso hall, Gaborone, Botswana. The General Assembly was attended by several stakeholders which included, development partners, the Forum for Agricultural Research (FARA), other sub regional organisations namely ASARECA and CORAF and more impotently stakeholders who constitute the CCARDESA.
The General Assembly appointed Dr Mick Mwala as its first Chairman and deliberated on several issues which shape the operations of CCARDESA as a sub-regional organisation. This included the objectives of CCARDESA, its historical background, current initiatives of the organisation as well as suggestions of changes to the charter.
Main outcomes included:
- The election of the first chairman
- Approval of external auditors
- Approval of the CCARDESA Medium Term Operational Plan (MTOP)
- Nomination of new board members and
- The amendment of the Governance manual and the Charter estab-lishing CCARDESA